Senior Solutions Architect
Brooksource is seeking a Sr. Application Architect to join the Emerging Technologies delivery team for our enterprise-level Insurance client in Birmingham, Alabama. In this role, you will be a key player in developing solutions to business problems found in the corporate areas that span across numerous business groups. You will work closely with those business groups to gather requirements, review system needs and work to determine the appropriate solutions; work to implement the selected solution by using the appropriate integration architecture; perform software installation, coding, testing, all while using project management skills. You will also continue to maintain and support these systems and/or ensure the systems are handed off to the appropriate team.
In this Senior Software Architect role, you will need to have excellent problem-solving ability and communication. This is a highly-visible role across the company, and you will get to work closely with leadership so the right person will feel comfortable and confident interacting with all levels of an organization.
- 10+ years of applicable work and/or experience in Computer Systems Development.
- Experience working with cloud/on-prem and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Ability to understand complex system applications and have experience in all aspects of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, testing.
- Agile project methodology experience
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple systems, changing priorities, resolve conflicts and be able to work well under pressure.
- Requires communication skills sufficient to communicate clearly with peers and customers and provide the documentation needed in working on projects.
- Requires development skills sufficient to solve difficult and complex technical problems.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team that includes both business and IT personnel.
Tools and Skills Desired:
- C# (ASP.NET Core)
- Microsoft Azure
- REST APIs
- Enterprise Services Design
- SOA Concepts
- Web Services
- Structured Logging Frameworks
- Artificial Intelligence
- MS Quantum Computing
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.