Senior System Administrator
Large Insurance Client
Under the direction of the Systems Operations Manager, the Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for executing on-prem and cloud hosting activities including infrastructure monitoring; maintenance; creation and deployment utilizing advanced scripting and automation tools. The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the smooth operation of the primary and secondary data centers, virtual environments, and executing disaster recovery fail over. This involves use of cutting-edge technologies, industry-leading practices, process, and methodologies to achieve stringent system and service availability and reliability targets. This is a hybrid position with periodic onsite work as needed or required.
· Manages and maintains the health of the server environments.
· Performs application and system patching, upgrades and deployments in a continual integration and continual deployment framework.
· Utilizes DevOps tools and methodologies to manage systems and applications across a hybrid cloud environment.
· Conducts system performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting on hosted systems.
· Works cooperatively across operations and development teams to provide integrated incident and problem management including Root Cause Analysis.
· Work professionally and interactively with end users to troubleshoot issues, and deliver project outcomes.
· Actively participates in on-call and after hours/weekend support as scheduled or required.
· Builds and supports automation of repetitive tasks.
· Adheres to network and system security requirements and industry best practices for safe computing.
· Regularly documents system changes and procedures. Maintains system related documentation in company knowledge base.
· Manages the physical infrastructure in our Datacenters and with our cloud provider; must have working knowledge of how to install and configure physical / virtual servers, data domains, storage, switches and power supplies.
· Manages and maintains the health of a SAN environment; must be able to proactively assess current environment and accurately project for future needs.
· Installation, configuration, customization, maintenance and performance tuning of Linux, Windows, VMware, Blade and Storage systems.
· Actively manage cloud resources to minimize use charges.
· Configure, test, manage, and operate disaster recovery systems as need.
· Intermediate to Advanced knowledge Linux Server and/or Windows based operating systems and interactions between workstation and Servers
· Advanced knowledge establishing and maintaining AWS installations in a hybrid configuration.
· Advanced knowledge of VMware ESX or VMView
· Experience with Synergy Blade Servers
· Understanding of TCP/IP networking and Internet protocols
· Maintaining high-availability systems (7x24x365) in production environment
· Experience with backup, restore, disaster recovery, replication and clustering solutions
Education and Experience
Minimum of 5 years of experience performing system administration functions and supporting systems in production environment. Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.