Sr. Systems Engineer
Scott Air Force Base, IL
Conversion salary: $98,000
Brooksource is seeking to hire a Systems Engineer (SME) with broad experience in the system life cycle. This position is located at Scott AFB, IL.
- Agile Development
- Relational database
- Cloud Technologies (AWS/Azure)
- Oversee the design, development and implementation of specific computer systems’ needs.
- Understand how the different departments in an organization need to function together. This requires collaboration and a natural adeptness for intricate design.
- Articulate design concepts to PMO and wider audience about specific pieces of software.
- Integrating, testing, evaluating and modifying systems.
- Beyond designing new software, integrate different applications, such as business software and network control systems.
- Creating reports that are thorough, detailed and able to be comprehended by PMO.
- Translate between needs and actual applications.
- At least 10 years of experience with system development, maintenance, integration, and testing
- Secret Security Clearance
- DOD 8570-01M certification: IAM Level I or better (e.g., Security+)
- Strong process orientation
- Ability to oversee the development team and provide technical direction to the contractor
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in or knowledge of Java, Java EE, platforms such as Windows and LINUX, processes, tools and IDEs (integrated development environments), debugging, life cycles, security, and best practices.
- Experience or knowledge using modern database development tools such as SQL/T-SQL, Oracle, SQL*Net, JDBC, etc.
- Experience collaborating with both internal and external development groups.
- Ability to ensure security and engineering best practices are followed
- Ability to create technical reports, with repeatable processes
- Ability to translate between needs and actual applications, and understand how to derive technical requirements from the functional requirements
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.