Sr. Systems Engineer
Grand Rapids, MI
DP Pay: ($80,000-$120,000)
- Support, operate, and maintain datacenter infrastructure systems servicing US Signal Cloud Computing customers
- Capacity planning and management of data center resources
- Connectivity and bandwidth management between data center and service provider network.
- Tier II and III troubleshooting with internal team members, vendors, and customers.
- Development of methods of procedure (MOPs) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for engineering, NOC, and provisioning teams.
- Perform maintenance during data center maintenance windows as required including hardware, software and firmware upgrades.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Manage and operate an enterprise class datacenter/infrastructure environment
- Multi-vendor storage systems, object storage
- Server Systems: Dell, Cisco
- Network: Cisco, Dell
- Virtualization: VMware ESXi, VMware’s vSphere, vCloud Director
- Data Replication and Backup platforms
- Microsoft Server Technologies: Active Director, Server 2012/2016 o
- Linux OS and variants
- Firewall platforms Last updated: 04/2020
- Network monitoring platforms
- Vendor Management
- Engage vendors and research new technologies as requested by Management
- Engage vendor technical support for hardware or software problems
- In-depth understanding of virtualization with practical experience in at least one hypervisor, preference given to VMware’s vSphere.
- Experience in a highly-available datacenter environment:
- Deploying and operating Linux or other UNIX variants.
- Server hardware management across multiple vendors.
- SAN and object storage management across multiple vendors.
- Security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls.
- Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server and WSUS; PowerShell a plus.
- Operating common enterprise switching and routing platforms.
- Deploying or managing servers in large-scale and geographically diverse environments.
- Capacity planning, utilization review & performance monitoring.
- iSCSI and/or Fiber Channel storage area networks
- Firewall and network security concepts.
- Proficiency in network architecture or core technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), IPsec, VLANs, routing, etc.).
- Excellent customer service focus, customer communication skills, and experience exceeding customer expectations.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication, and documentation skills.
- Possess superb troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
- Act as a technical point of escalation & mentor for junior staff.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.