Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Duration: Long-term contract
Current end date: February, 2020 (strong possibility of extension)
The UX Designer will design the overall functionality of Digital Products and iterate upon it using Agile processes to ensure a user experience that is exceptional. This role will be self-directed and collaborative, utilizing design experience, work flow analysis and understanding of users to create a compelling user experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and technical training required
• 3 years of UX design experience, including strong experience within UX Design Concepts, Tools and Testing
• Experience with Sketch(Mac), Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision.
o Familiarity with Abstract and Airtable a plus.
• Strong experience working within Agile development processes and techniques
o Knowledge of SAFe Agile concepts/framework is a plus
• Familiarity with iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android material design
• Experience with responsive, mobile-first design
• Self-motivated and driven with a strong work ethic and full accountability to deliverables and timelines.
Nice to Haves:
• Expert skill in Photoshop
• Fluency in Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other creative wireframes
• Working knowledge of XHTML/CSS.
• Verifiable portfolio of web application design, great web interfaces is preferred.
• Familiarity with accessibility and ADA compliance standards
• Experience communicating with web, iOS, an Android developers
This individual should be familiar with Agile, and will be accountable for the following deliverables:
-Developing high quality, user-friendly solutions for the business as a part of the Agile team
-Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
-Understand product vision through product owner interviews and research; translate the vision into prototypes
-Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
-Identify design problems and devise solutions-Rapidly test and iterate designs
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.