Senior User Experience Designer
100% Remote- Client based in Indianapolis, IN
6 Month Contract-to-Hire
Senior UX Designer powers the transformation of multi-channel digital products and services, practicing the craft of user experience as an integral member of full-cycle product development teams; leading ideation and design strategy efforts with partner product owners and development teams; directly taking on interaction design and information architecture questions for complex products and processes; and steering iterative cycles of concept creation, prototype refinement, and customer feedback.
A Senior UX Designer can independently lead and facilitate design strategy and customer discovery/learning projects, advance product design efforts small and large to delivery on their own and in collaboration with other UX and UI designers, advocate for the impact of customer centric approaches on the business strategy, and shape design group processes, tools, and assets based on substantial experience and perspective.
We are seeking an adept and innovative practitioner who will directly evolve and enhance the full spectrum of digital experiences and business channels serving ~10 million active customers, including direct website and all customer-facing applications, offerings, products, information, and tools, as well as our multi-channel customer-service experiences, business partner and operational portals, and native mobile apps.
- Plan, participate in and independently complete design activities throughout the product and service life cycle, from building understanding and empathy, through ideation, product definition, iterative design and delivery, going-to-market, and evolution
- Draw from the full spectrum of design disciplines including interaction design, service design, design research, information architecture, visual design, content design, design strategy, etc. to improve customer experiences from end to end
- Work collaboratively with partner making disciplines such as IT, and Product Management on framing problems, discovering insights, crafting effective strategies, articulating strong experience-centered visions, defining concepts and prototypes, and guiding iterative development of new and existing offerings
- Participate in simultaneous efforts for a key customer segment or group of related product and service offerings across digital and real-world channels
- Combine design thinking, lean methods, and agile delivery practices in support of integrated delivery, continuous learning, and strategic alignment
- Define and communicate intended end-to-end user experiences to product development audiences and stakeholders
- Guide and conduct learning activities and user research that combine generative/evaluative/design research approaches in support of ongoing discovery and delivery goals
- Participate in and plan learning efforts to validate design assumptions and collect user feedback for enhancing user experience
- Contribute to and lead the evolution of the design system/pattern library
- Focus on functional and emotional needs of customers to create an enjoyable experience
- Work closely with the business by being the voice of the customer and balancing business goals and user satisfaction.
- Mentor junior team members and educate peers on user experience
- Manage the design process, drive external and internal team decisions, track risks and issues
- Facilitate group collaboration and drive team to consensus
What You Need to Succeed
Being focused on our customer helps us to deliver a lasting impression and instill trust. Through collaboration and teamwork, we are able to communicate effectively across departments leading to better decision quality. We hold ourselves to the highest standards ensuring accountability in all we do to deliver on our mission and shared values.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ yrs. experience designing digital products, services, and experiences, including web-based, responsive mobile/desktop and mobile
- 3+ years of experience working on financial/complex digital products and services
- Rigorous approach to Lean UX design technique, with careful attention to detail and heart for experimenting, all while maintaining agility and openness
- Understanding of user-centric design methods and processes, design thinking, and empathic lenses for problem-solving
- High proficiency with contemporary tools for expressing design guidance and illustrating intended experiences
- Strong collaboration, facilitation and communication skills
- Knowledge of SEO and Accessibility (WCAG Compliance) standards
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, dynamic environment
Accountability – Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments. ·
Collaboration – Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. ·
Communication – Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. ·
Customer focus – Build strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions. ·
Decision quality – Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. ·
Instill trust – Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity. If Leadership role, additional Sallie Mae core competencies will be included: ·
Develop talent – Develop people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals. ·
Situational adaptability – Adapt approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations. ·
Strategic mindset – See ahead to future possibilities and translate them into breakthrough strategies. ·
Drive vision and purpose – Paint a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.