Staff Software Engineer
Contract to Hire
Brooksource is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Fortune 30 Retail Client in Atlanta. As a Staff Software Developer you will be responsible for creating features and enhancements for a direct customer facing application, in store and virtual. You will be working alongside collaborative teams in an extreme programming / pair programming setting to develop and design a custom-built application to schedule virtual appointments for clients. This team is always working with innovative technologies, so you will have the opportunity to work with technologies such as Google Cloud and will developing in a test-drive development (TDD) environment.
- 6+ years of experience with Angular (version 5 or above)
- Spring Boot / Java
- Cassandra / No SQL DB
- Microservice / Event driven architecture
- Cloud computing (PCF/GCP etc)
- Monitoring / SRE mindsets
- 80% of your time will focus on hands on programming (60% front end, 40% back end)
- 20% of your time will focus on planning, working with UX and PMs and meeting with leadership
- Responsible for programming and customizing services within the Google Cloud that will directly impact customers
- Take business requirements and develop the total technical design for assigned projects and ensure proper usage as part of the design efforts
- Conduct appropriate test reviews on assigned projects as necessary and present findings and offer solutions to management
- Frontend development experience is most important for this role, but it is important to note that you will be doing backend development in this role as well
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.