Standard Software Development Engineer
Our Fortune Top 50 Telecom client is looking for a Standard Software Engineer to join their Enterprise Data Solutions team to help with upcoming data ingestion initiatives! You will join a team of other Software Engineers, SDETs, and Architects to design, implement, and deploy software which meet customer's requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments.
Technical responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Technical Engineering Services: Participates in engineering projects by adapting and applying patches and software solutions; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations.
- Innovation: Understands and shares new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service. System analysis and innovation for continuous system improvement.
- Technical Documentation: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Maintains clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs and business requirements.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical team to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns new technologies. Ability to offer and communicate ideas and opinions. Ability to learn technologies being used. Awareness of technology roadmap.
- Technology Strategy: Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging engineering practices.
A successful Standard Software Engineer will have all the following:
- 3-5 years of experience in related software development job, internship, or co-op
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall) and experience working in Agile environments, such as Scrum and Kanban
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, Oracle SQL, stored procedures, and/or Teradata
- Exposure working within a Cloud Environment: AWS, Snowflake, or Azure (preferred)
- Knowledge of data storage subsystems and the ability to write Simple to Medium SQLs for data transformations, profiling, and query tasks
- Experience in software engineering using Java with data formats like JSON, XML, and HTML
- Knowledge with Linux and Shell Scripting/Python Scripting
- Ability to code and develop prototypes in any languages such as Python, C++, Java, Scala, or SQL – with the ability to pick up new languages, process, and technologies quickly
- Experience with ETL process, scheduling, querying, reporting, design
- Familiarity with Hadoop or other opensource dataset frameworks (ie Apache Spark, Google Biquery, etc)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.