Help Desk Support Analyst
Brooksource is searching for a Help Desk Support Analyst in Charlotte, NC to support internal employees for our Fortune 500 Telecommunications client. This position is an ongoing long-term contract with potential for full-time conversion. This is the ideal opportunity for a recent college or IT bootcamp graduate with 3+ months of technical helpdesk experience to get their foot in the door and grow within a supportive team.
This Analyst will be a part of Support Desk responsible for providing first level IT support for IT-related business partner issues and service requests. This position requires participation in a hybrid working model, with 3 days per week spent in our client’s Charlotte, NC area office and 2 days remote.
Daily You Will:
· Provide live phone support to the employees, employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and timeliness.
· Provide basic level remote IT assistance for problem resolution and escalate complex problems to second tier personnel
· With moderate supervision, take ownership of an issue and follow through on a resolution with end users and other pertinent IT staff
· Track support calls in the Help Desk ticketing system
· Adhere to established standards and procedures in resolving problems.
Major Duties And Responsibilities:
· Receive customer support requests via phone and email from employees and contractors worldwide in a fast-paced environment.
· Use basic troubleshooting techniques to resolve or route issues pertaining to email problems or features, network connectivity, personal computer problems, and application problems for our employee and contractor customer base.
· Use multiple ticketing systems to document and route support case to the appropriate group(s) who can assist in resolving the issue.
· Expect a case load of approximately 40-50 cases per day.
· Regular interaction with various support groups and end-users at all levels.
· Analyze problems and solve them creatively.
· The ability to develop a strong knowledge of products, features and services and how our customers use them.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize and complete specified tasks on time.
· Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form.
· Assist on special projects and escalations outside of normal call taking responsibilities without affecting the team goals for hold times and abandon rates or any personal goals.
· Learn how to identify inefficiencies and work with leadership to improve the overall functionality of the support desk.
· An ability to follow a defined day to day work schedule and be punctual for all duties.
· Bachelor’s/Associate’s Degree or Bootcamp background in Computer Science or IT related field, or equivalent professional experience
· 3+ months of previous Helpdesk or similar experience, ideally including Windows 10, basic networking, printer, virtual desktop, VPN, remote-in, password resets, and other troubleshooting experience.
· Excellent Customer Service skills, including a positive attitude and ability to instill confidence in your customers. Proactive follow-up, effective problem resolution, and end-to-end ownership of the problems is required. Also requires proven ability to learn new systems as required to effectively support customer needs.
· Must be team-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must work together with team to build and maintain effective single point of contact.
· Must be customer-centric and passionate in promoting your customers’ needs and getting them met.
· High attendance reliability
· A+, MCP, Net+ certifications are a plus
· Hours: Monday-Friday, variety of shifts
· Location: Charlotte, NC area (about 10 minutes SW of Uptown Charlotte) – 3 days per week on site, 2 days remote
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.