Support Desk Specialist
75 9th Ave, New York, NY
Brooksource is looking for a Broadcast Support Desk Specialist to join America’s fastest-growing TV, internet, and voice enterprise company. This company is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. As the Support Desk Specialist, you will be responsible for administrating the Broadcast infrastructure (60%) and supporting the news production network (40%). You must be able to travel and work weekends when needed to support live news broadcasts and to support any broadcast IT issues that arise.
Primary Responsibilities – Broadcast IT System Administration
- Responsible for administrating Broadcast IT infrastructure including routers, switches, Active Directory, NAS, and SAN, DNS.
- Plan continuous Broadcast IT infrastructure component updates to further increase system reliability and stability under the guidance of management.
- Refine and improve current applications and systems for user experience.
- Propose best practice solutions and document workflows that addresses system deficiencies and user needs.
- Ensure adherence to corporate IT policies and best practices for Broadcast IT infrastructure.
- Manage vendors and system integrators in broadcast IT system new builds or upgrades.
Secondary Responsibilities – User support
- Provide onsite support for broadcast IT systems and network infrastructure supporting 24/7 news production team, producers, and executives.
- Capture and gather logs and work collaboratively with technical teams to escalate issues vendors to maintain continuity in on-air broadcast.
- Will troubleshoot equipment and recommend appropriate solutions including vendor repair, in house repair or equipment replacement
- Install and upgrade systems components and software.
- Minimum two-year degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience with end user support/system administration.
- Working understanding of network equipment including switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Administrative knowledge of Mac, Windows, Linux Operating Systems.
- Administrative knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012 server and SQL Enterprise server
- Must be able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Administration background within a broadcast IT environment.
- Good understanding of video formats, file transfer protocols, and Media Asset Management (MAM) systems.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.