Junior Support Engineer (Middleware)
Morristown, NJ OR Philadelphia, PA
12-month Contract to hire,
$25/hour, $70,000/year conversion salary
The Junior Support Engineer will perform engineering tasks for a critical messaging service that includes design, build, and run operations. You will be responsible for supporting the Messaging queue of numerous application platforms utilizing IBM MQ. You will be setting up servers, troubleshooting the platform, writing Unix command lines, and restarting services. You will also be heavily involved in configuring the servers, maintenance of the servers, and assist with deployment issues. The Junior Support Engineer will utilize python scripts and play a pivotal role in migrating the middleware platforms to the cloud. You will interact with both the back-end and front-end teams. You will be mentored by senior analysts on the team in an Agile environment.
· Bachelor’s degree or Technical Bootcamp Certification in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related field
· Project experience or internship expereince with Unix and ability to write Unix command lines
· Project experience with shell scripting (Unix scripting, Pearl, Awk)
· Project experience with Python scripting
· Desire to learn middleware technologies such as IBM MQ and RabbitMQ
· Support of distributed and mainframe messaging Queue platforms
· Configuration and maintenance of servers
· Complete problem management, root cause analysis, system monitoring and issue triage utilizing Splunk
· Writing Unix command lines for configuration and performance management
· Complete Software Installation, patching and version upgrades
What’s In It For You?
· Opportunity to start your career at a Fortune 15 Healthcare Company
· You will be trained on Messaging Queue and Cloud technologies
· You will be trained and mentored by senior technologists
· You will go through a program aimed around professional development
· Weekly paychecks
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.