Best Buy is seeking a Systems Administrator with proven experience in implementing, automating, improving and administering application deployments and infrastructure, within a multi-platform environment (Cloud & Datacenter). Individuals applying should be familiar with infrastructure automation, system administration and performance optimization. This role is on the Internal Tooling Team, which is focused on providing leading-edge systems engineering solutions for BestBuy.com
Position Summary/Job Description:
- Perform installation, monitoring, testing, configuration, migration, maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned technologies.
- Ensure that the technologies and architecture are up-to-date, stable, and compliant, meeting enterprise and security standards.
- Proactively monitor and report performance and utilization of assigned technologies.
- Troubleshoot software and/or hardware issues & failures.
- Resolve alerts and perform remediation activities.
- Provide input into infrastructure architecture designs.
- Perform installation, monitoring, testing, configuration, migration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the ELK infrastructure.
- Work with infrastructure tools such as the Atlassian suite, Github, and Chef
- Collaboratively working with, and taking direction from, a Senior Engineer.
- Status updates and meetings.
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
· 5+ years of experience in a technical field or equivalent.
· 3-5 years System Administration experience on an enterprise level.
· 3-5 years of experience and familiarity with IT management processes and software products, networking, server, application monitoring, security patching and/or web technologies.
· 1-3 years of experience onboarding, configurating, optimizing and troubleshooting application stacks: Java, REST APIS, AWS
· Experience using Python (preferred) scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data.
· Ability to multitask and solve complex technical problems.
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
· BA/BS degree.
· Linux shell scripting and/or regex experience
· Excellent follow up and communication and presentation skills.
· Experience with virtualized server technology: AWS, Azure, GCP and/or VMware.
· Experience with: Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.