Systems Engineer (Configuration Management)
Arlington, VA (Reagan National Airport)
6-12 mo. Contract-to-Hire
Our industry leading non-for-profit Research & Development partner is currently seeking a Systems Engineer (Configuration Manager) to support the research, development, test and evaluation of security systems for components of the Department of Homeland Security. In this role, you will be supporting an enterprise government program at the TSA Systems Integration Facility (TSIF) located at the Ronald Reagan National Airport. You will be evaluating the holistic system and how changes would affect system operations and/or performance. This includes following government guidance and information found in MIL-STD-973, MIL-HDBK-61A, ANSI/EIA 649A, and/or ISO 10007.
We are seeking an individual with a strong background in understanding of hardware and software documentation. This Systems Engineer will be a strong communicator with the capability to interact with a multi-faceted team, including federal clients and vendors, as well as ability of working multiple tasks in parallel under tight deadlines. Additionally, you should have excellent computer skills including applicable Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint. If this opportunity piques your interest, please read below to apply!
- The candidate must have an Engineering degree from an accredited university. A degree in System Engineering is preferred
- At least 5 years of applicable work experience
- Experience performing system engineering functions analysis and gap analysis on hardware systems
- Sole US Citizenship with ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Eligibility and willingness to obtain Security Suitability
- Review of vendor Qualification and/or Technical Data Packages
- Lead the establishment of initial configuration baselines and performing configuration audits for systems entering test.
- Perform systems engineering critical functions analysis and gap analysis to ensure proposed configuration items (CIs) are suitable.
- Support configuration control board process.
- Serve as the point of contract for technology vendors regarding management of system configuration.
- Already possess a DoD Secret Security Clearance and/or TSA suitability
- Experience working directly with Department of Homeland Security organizations
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.