Our Huntsville Federal client is seeking a Systems Engineer for its growing Hypersonics business area. With current activities providing support to defense, space, cyber and commercial fields; our client's mission is to provide exceptional services/products to meet our customers’ needs. We are looking for a self-starter with excellent people skills to work with our customers to design, implement and test systems and subsystems associated with the development and fielding of the Hypersonic Missile asset. Specifically, we seek a candidate to manage the system requirements baseline and updates, document system risks and mitigation strategies, participate in the Risk and Opportunities Manage Board (ROMB) along with the prime contractor, and support weapon systems integration through verification & validation activities. As a System Engineer, the candidate will be expected to define schedules, assign and execute tasks, as well as monitor to completion. The candidate will provide oversight of integration and checkout activities, evaluate and report results, and approve/disapprove each by determining whether results meet the requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Computer Engineering
• Active Secret security clearance
• Ability to develop, maintain and identify improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
• Ability to collaborate with the prime contractor to evaluate test case(s) mapping to requirements to identify gaps and/or overlaps and make recommendations to resolve any identified issues.
• Contribute to efforts to troubleshoot and solve complex weapon system problems.
• 5+ years of experience in systems engineering of complex systems.
• Experience with Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) database
• Experience with Army or DoD systems
• Experience working or developing software-based solutions.
• Experience reporting and monitoring programmatic risks.
• Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) (e.g., MagicDraw)
• Comprehension of a variety of engineering disciplines to support system level discussions and impacts.
• Master's degree Clearance: Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *Please note all remains active for up to 6 months. Do not reapply for a position if you already have an active application on file.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.