Brooksource is looking for a Systems Engineer to join the Digital Innovation and R&D Team at our Retail & Convenience client!
You will be joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers, marketers, designers and engineers who research and innovate on latest technology to create awesome digital products that millions of people will experience every day.
You will be responsible for designing, prototyping, and building performance systems that improve customer experience, enable innovative user experiences, and increase store revenue. Engineers on this team have solid technical background but enjoy learning new languages, technologies, and frameworks. From creating an experimental machine learning prototype to deploying a production-ready backend, engineers here take many hats to see projects to completion.
- Research, prototype, and develop software solutions to solve problems across retail
- Stay up to date with emerging technology and learn new technologies/libraries/frameworks
- Learn and partner with peers across multiple disciplines, such as computer vision, machine learning, and systems design
- Deliver on time with a high bar on quality of research, innovation and engineering
- 3+ years of experience with C++ (or experience in an equivalent systems programming language)
- Experience with profiling tools and ability to write code that meets specific performance targets
- Clear understanding of both algorithmic efficiency and practical systems design considerations (like cache misses, multithreading, etc.)
- Familiarity with containerized application tooling and deployments (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering/Math, or relevant experience
- Experience with video encoding/decoding
- Experience with Kafka or other data-streaming frameworks
- Experience with lidar/depth data and point clouds
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.