Tableau Administrator – Business Analyst
St. Louis, MO
Brooksource is hiring a Tableau Administrator to work with one of our Fortune 500 clients in the cable telecommunications industry. This is located out of St. Louis, MO and is an ongoing contract opportunity. You will be working full-time hours, with no travel required. As a Tableau Administrator, you will help govern the framework that enables over 7,000 Tableau Desktop users to publish, share, manage, and connect to data sources and workbooks.
Critical to success in this position is the ability to display a high level of independent problem solving, attention to detail, decision making, prioritization, sense of urgency, quick turnaround, adaptability, customer service skills, implementation skills and the ability to support diverse projects/problems. This position requires a detailed understanding of BI Architecture, an aptitude to integrate efficiencies with technology, report building and applications used to deliver information and reporting to customers within the Business Intelligence organization.
- Lead the data governance program which will provide insights on how Tableau is being consumed by the BI organization.
- Gather business requirements to understand how customers are using Tableau today
- Collaborate with relevant departments to establish business needs and requirements
- Predict and modify data controls to better fit individual departments based on need
- Understand business goals and assess/classify security risks against business value to create risk/reward trade-offs
- Review new and existing standards, business processes, guidance, best practices, policies and business initiatives to maintain expertise and add business value.
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Present user information through reports and visualizations
- Collaborate with IT teams to integrate systems
- Working with stakeholders to understand reporting needs
- Identify and query data sources to get required data
- Create Dashboard Extension add-ins for customized workflows in Tableau.
- Set up documentation for policies & procedures (workflows) to organize site content
- Assess and assign content permissions to users and groups.
- Monitor site metrics such as content usage, success of extract refresh tasks, and user activity.
- Perform report automation tasks.
- Gather and present feedback on the finished product
- Maintain and document operational environment
- Hands-on experience with Tableau software such as developing in, configuring and administering Tableau Server.
- Knowledge in BI tools including ETL, Data Warehousing, other BI reporting tools (Tableau, Microstrategy and Teradata preferred)
- Experience working within a Business Intelligence environment, ideally within Data Governance
- Understands the functionalities and technicalities of Tableau to be able to make requests to customers and management level
- Ability to communicate with Stakeholders in a business professional manor
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to provide BI reporting solutions
- Experience with policy writing, creating high standard documentation that are circulated at a company/organization level and has the ability to tailor messaging per the audience.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH OUR CLIENT:
- Ability to grow within an industry leading Telecom Company
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies and methodologies
- Opportunity to directly impact customers
- Ongoing professional and technical training
- Collaborative team environment
- Take part in professional development program designed to help achieve professional goals
- Company Size: Fortune 100
- Hours: Standard 40-hour week
- Dress Code: Business casual
- Location: Maryland Heights, MO
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.