IT Field Technician – Epic Technical Dress Rehearsal (TDR)
Macon, GA Area
17 Week Contract 3/15/2021 – 7/16/2021
Brooksource is currently seeking skilled IT Field Technician’s to prep our healthcare client’s technical environment for an Epic EMR Software implementation. As a TDR Field Technician, you will be responsible for working on-site with your field support team to upgrade our clients’ IT Infrastructure in preparation for their Epic system Go-Live. The TDR Technician will be testing each device in the weeks prior to go-live. These devices include workstations, printers, e-signature pads, bar code scanners, and other end-user devices that integrate with the Epic EHR. The Field Support teams will be responsible for: PC & Printer refreshes, Environment Device Mapping, Running Epic Application Test Scripts, Interacting with Clinical & IT staff, and Troubleshooting Ad-hoc IT support issues.
For the duration of the project, you will report up to the Brooksource Team Lead and our Clients' Leadership team. The project is slated to last until July 2021 with potential for extension.
- 4+ years of IT Desktop support or Field Technician experience, specifically Infrastructure deployment experience
- Experience as IT Technician Team Lead
- Strong experience with Infrastructure assessments
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service in a fast-paced healthcare environment
- Experience with PC set up or relocation, PC refreshes, or deploying new IT equipment
- Knowledge of Windows 7/8/10 operating systems and standard networking protocols (including TCP/IP and Ethernet)
- Must be able to travel to hospitals, clinics, and outpatient facilities in the greater Macon, Georgia area
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Must be flexible to work overtime hours as needed throughout projects
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent certification is preferred
- Prior Epic/EMR or Healthcare experience is a bonus
- Serve as liaison between Atrium leadership and Brooksource POC
- Provide excellent on-site customer service and support to all end-users
- Work closely with project management and Epic application teams to understand Field Service support needs
- Travel to site-specific hospitals and clinics to support the device mapping, hardware refresh, and Epic “TDR” script testing to ensure correct application installation
- Testing workstations and peripheral devices, using Epic software modules and executing Epic test scripts, to ensure printing queues are created and printers are mapped to the correct workstations, and peripheral devices are working as expected
- Providing detailed information on each failed workstation or device, using Epic modules and Epic test script outputs, to ensure proper and efficient turnaround times for failure troubleshooting and resolution
- Understand expected result and document failures effectively based on test script requirements
- Utilize tools like Vizio to plan and evaluate hardware and software needs across the organization
- Troubleshoot and support clinical, business, and IT staff on Ad-Hoc basis
- Expected work schedule is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Candidates will need to be flexible however as there is a likelihood for overtime hours and likely looking at 45 hours per week potentially night shift and/or Saturday and Sunday work as well on select weeks.
- Travel will be necessary to support hospitals and clinics in the Greater Macon, GA Area.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.