Contract to Hire
St. Louis, MO
Brooksource is hiring a Data Analyst to support our client in the Telecommunications industry as they implement a new Data Catalog in their environment. We are looking for someone who is data-oriented who has experience working with various technical teams to ensure the new technology and processes align within the business. This person will provide support to delivering various catalog services which enable the stewards and business stakeholders to search, find, steward, trust and understand enterprise data and analytics. S/he is responsible for the daily operations of the catalog including configuration, data source connections, operational monitoring, user access, bulk loads of metadata, management and evolution catalog templates and pages and application upgrades. The Data Analyst also provides overall troubleshooting services to internal customers and drives the issue management process with the application vendor.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with various technical teams to ensure the new technology and processes align within the business.
- Configure and maintain enterprise templates various data and analytical objects including data dictionary, business glossary, metrics glossary, articles, etc
- Daily Operational Support of the Alation Application including active directory role management, maintaining data, and capability enhancements
- Execute APIs and processes to bulk load metadata into the catalog (Dictionaries, Business Glossaries, Metrics Glossaries, etc.
- Establish connectors and monitor daily jobs for extracting technical metadata from Databases and Analytical Technologies
- Develop and publish Catalog metric and usage queries for use in metrics dashboards
- Support Ticket Resolution (Internal and Alation Ticket Resolution)
- Coordinates application outages with technical and business stakeholders
- 3+ Years as a Technical Business or Data Analyst
- Experience working in a Data Management, Business Intelligence, or Data Governance environment
- Basic SQL experience creating and modifying queries
- Python scripting experience to automate tasks
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Highly self-motivated, cooperative, and collaborative attitude
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and creative problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail and ability to access impact of design or coding changes prior to implementation
- Exposure to the operation and analysis of relational database software and standards
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business, Information / Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field preferred
About Eight Eleven:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether, it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent work, we customize our search based upon your company’s unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.