Technical Product Analyst – Agile Product Advisor
The Technical Product Analyst (TPA) assists the Technical Product Owner on aspects of their technical products in leading business value. Under the guidance of the TPO, the TPA will begin to learn and understand business and technology objectives, will learn to communicate the product vision and roadmap, and will work with the TPO on prioritization in order to document in JIRA a translation of needs into requirements to ensure that expected outcomes are achieved.
- Understanding Business Needs: Collaborate with disparate stakeholder groups to identify, understand, and capture the functional needs of product stakeholders and define non-functional requirements to ensure value is delivered.
- Communicating Needs and Enabling Teams to Deliver Quality Products: Communicate business needs, write definition-of-ready user stories, and incorporate architectural changes recommended by engineering. Maintain groomed backlog for business stakeholder priorities, ensuring the greatest value is delivered soonest.
- Leverage agility tools (e.g. Jira) ensuring data quality and recommend strategies to optimize team performance and achieve overall department objectives (e.g. manage story aging, manage WIP, epic size/throughput, etc.).
- Delivering Iterative Value: Work with TPO to ensure team’s work creates iterative value (e.g. supports the completion of MVPs/Epics in concert with other teams).
- Plan delivery of iterative value with other TPOs and prioritize/groom backlog accordingly to ensure highest level of quality. Manage unaddressed issues and collaborate with TPO on resolutions.
- Owning Product Health: Identify and monitor tech product health metrics (e.g. KPIs, defect trends, compliance and security) to ensure business outcomes. Consult with TPO on recommended amount of team capacity is utilized for improving technical product health and driving down technical debt (e.g. integration and deployment of tooling, test automation, etc.).
Formal Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience:
- 1-3 years relevant experience, previous coding or business analysis experience preferred but not necessary.
- Experience working in technology or in close engagement.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience writing user stories
- Knowledge of user experience and solution design
- High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic/ambiguous environment
- Ability to balance technical knowledge with business acumen
- Ability to work cross functionally with Engineering, Compliance, IRM, Infrastructure, and Software Engineering
- Passionate stakeholder advocate with ability to identify and meet customer needs within agile framework
Computer or Other Skills:
- Microsoft Office
- Agile requirement tools (JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- Collaboration tools (HipChat, Slack, Confluence, etc.) – Nice to have
- Diagramming and drawing tools (Visio, etc.) – Nice to have
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.