Technical Product Owner – Mobile
Remote (w/ expectation of returning onsite in Charlotte, NC in 2022)
18-month Contract – potential for extension/conversion
Job Description: We are seeking a Technical Product Owner to join the Mobile Applications Digital group at a Fortune 100 Financial Services company. As a Product Owner you will be joining a SAFe Agile environment and be the main point of contact between the Scrum Team, Product Manager and business stakeholders. We are looking for someone who has great communication, technical acumen and is passionate about mobile product development and execution.
- Defining product features according to customer needs working closely with product manager, stakeholders and the agile team for better consumer success.
- Acting as the main point of contact between teams and stakeholders.
- Assisting the scrum/product development team to meet the objectives of each sprint.
- Act as the subject matter expert and communicate product offering and product performance initiatives to stakeholders.
- Perform detailed analysis on existing and new features to make informed, data driven decisions, and run experiments to produce data-driven development.
- Own delivery of product initiatives from end to end, collaborating with engineering, client success, and UX teams.
- Focus on the technical aspects of the problem and influencing to make the right decision and prioritization is key.
- Translate customer language into technical details working with the agile team.
- Managing the product backlog by creating the list of backlog items and prioritize them based on the overall strategy and business objectives along with mapping out project dependencies to inform the necessary sequence of development.
- Bring clear thinking and excellent problem-solving skills to a range of challenging business questions
- Proactive and passionate: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations
- Buy-in from stakeholders on all major decisions and strategy and clear instructions and deliverables for the developers.
- 10+ years of experience working in financial services
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner
- 3 to 5+ years of experience within Retirement Products like 401k, 403b, IRA is required
- Experience with Brokerage products is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- SAFe Product Owner certification is a plus
- Good Communication, Influencing and Presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Technical proficiency to understand necessary system integrations from a data dependent process perspective
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics).
Benefits of working with Brooksource:
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timelines and move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
- Brooksource is an equal opportunity employer.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.