Technical Product Owner
Brooksource is looking to hire a Technical Product Owner for our Fortune 100 Telecommunications client in the Charlotte, NC area. As the Technical Product Owner, you will lead an agile team of data engineers and data analysts in defining and delivering innovative technology services and products. The Product Owner collaborates with business stakeholders and the development team to define and prioritize the product vision and features to maximize value delivered to internal business partners. They combine expertise in the domain of data development and business unit to apply Agile principles to deliver innovative data product solutions.
The ideal candidate should have strong data warehousing skills, proficient with languages such as SQL and Python, and be consultative in nature. He/She should possess a technical background in enterprise data warehousing (cloud), business intelligence and data wrangling/ELT/ETL. This individual will play a significant role in the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of enterprise data platforms.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders, the development team and Scrum Master to understand data needs, capture requirements, develop, design, build and launch the data product
- Communicate a product vision and lead road mapping, goal setting, story writing, prioritizing, project execution, A/B testing and data product roll-out strategy.
- Helps the development team determine what to build and in what sequence and provides oversight of development team productivity.
- Responsible for the product success — for creating a product that meets the stakeholder and team goals
- Share subject matter expertise to inform decisions, product tactics and team best practices
- Understand and work with data pipelines (batch and real time) and data wrangling procedures using Python or SQL in a cloud environment
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Vision & Strategy Definition: Provide technology and thought leadership to shape the vision & strategy along with a capability roadmap to deliver value to the businesses and customers
- Business Problem Definition: Understand business problems and translate them into a value case & comprehensive set of solutions
- Risk Identification & Management: Identify, communicate and manage risks towards delivering features
- Backlog Management: Build a strong backlog, with prioritization, in consultation with platform architects and technical leads. Partner with architects to maintain a healthy architecture runway
- People Management: Be responsible for performance management, skills development and career planning of development team
- Establish a strong team culture conducive to agile delivery and nurture the team as part of a shared responsibility with the scrum master. Enable and empower team members to provide feedback, question investments and innovate
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree with a concentration in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of product development, product management, cable industry experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in managing the delivery and expansion of a product in the digital platform, with data management, streaming, integration over the entire lifecycle in a global environment
- Experience creating a runbook
- 3+ years of cloud data warehouse (AWS preferred) and BI experience
- 1+ years leveraging AWS across a global enterprise with huge volume of data
- Deep understanding of current technology topics (e.g., cloud products and platforms, micro-service architectures, automation, and API integration)
- Knowledge of data warehouse concepts and how agile can be used in a data warehouse environment
- Solid understanding of data design patterns and best practices
- Experience in analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies in data sets
- Experience in leading change, taking initiative, and driving results
- Demonstrated work experience of Agile methodology
- Strong ability to manage roadblocks and conflicts leading to resolution to keep the project on track.
- Strong communication, presentation, and listening skills.
- Proficiency with a variety of agile project management tools (JIRA, Rally, TFS, etc.)
- Ability to write well-defined User Stories/Use Cases and acceptance criteria.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Media experience is a plus
- Background in Analytics
- Good negotiator, good business sense, decisive, trustworthy, proactive, flexible and open-minded
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
- Previous experience working with this client and placing both permanent employees and contractors.
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timeline and move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.