Our Fortune 100 Health Insurance Client is seeking a Technical Product Owner to help manage the multi-team development and operational delivery of a portfolio of technical projects by understanding business requirements, managing changes, removing roadblocks, and communicating broadly with multiple functional groups and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be a “visionary” in the sense that they posses the technical acumen to work alongside architects and can help build the runway for the products they'll be supporting.
- Work closely with technical internal teams, including business product leadership, experience design services, engineering and development, to define technical features, stories and other requirements. You will be looking forward to assess the architecture runway of the program and collaborating with the development teams to ensure dependencies are fleshed out well ahead of delivery, help resolve technical solution options, and help to remove technical roadblocks.
- Define technical vision and roadmaps to meet transformation objectives and ensure dependencies are identified and worked, and solution approaches are fleshed out with architects.
- Working with architects and engineers, evaluates competing solution approaches, and scans the commercial and opensource markets for capability-oriented and emerging development and technology trends.
- Provide direction for business systems analysts delivering projects for platform components to meet business objectives and executing in scrum methodology.
- Inspect the business & technical roadmaps, backlogs and associated delivery plans using your own tech depth, product development experience and business acumen to assess risks and continuously raising the bar across all platform product dimensions. Explore new ways of improving existing services and products solutions.
- Define and build your own scorecard to continuously monitor and analyze roadmap durability, backlog health, velocity, quality, feature throughput, product performance and use this data to drive incremental improvements across program engineering practices.
- Build and cultivate strong internal customer relationships to ensure delivery of quality products in alignment with expectations, and uncover cross company requirements.
- Empower the full autonomy of our teams by empowering them with the groomed solutions needed to deliver effectively in a lean delivery model.
- Coordinate product releases with business and development teams
- 7-10 years product solution development experience
- Huge plus if you have expertise in Health Care, Insurance, IaaS, PaaS, server-less technology, CI/CD, NoSQL databases, micro/miniservices APIs, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps/SRE model.
- Huge plus if you have experience as an architect and/or solutions-consulting role.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy with thought leadership in the intersection of business and technical acumen.
- Extensive experience defining and building cloud-native software products as a platform at scale with a deep understanding of those platforms capabilities and underlying technologies.
- Extensive understanding of security in-depth as well as defining solutions that meet privacy and regulatory requirements.
- Proven track record of data driven decision-making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
- Demonstrated experience as a technical leader with the ability to define solutions, partner deeply, identify risks and benefits, and contribute to business cases.
- Can debate the product merits with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers
- Comprehensive experience in agile delivery methodologies (SAFe, scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Can communicate to executives, peers, and partners with impact, eloquence, and authenticity. Demonstrate the “soft” skills necessary for executing on product management best practices — including clear communication, leadership, diplomacy, and compassion.
- Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, partnering with and influencing leadership while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degrees in related disciplines.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.