Technical Project Manager
The Customer Intelligence and Insights (CII)/Data Science team our Fortune 75 Telecommunications client is improving the customer experience by providing service with context, utilizing a combination of real-time and big data, AI/machine learning, automated decision making, and systems integration.
The Technical Project Manager of the CII Data Science team will lead multi-disciplinary projects using their engineering expertise. They will facilitate program execution, drive successful releases, escalate impediments, manage risk, and help drive program-level continuous improvement. They will be responsible for facilitating program level work within the three Data Science Pillars in Customer Operations: Data Engineering, Machine Learning, and Model Operations. They will also coordinate communications and project planning with a variety of teams across the organization.
This role will work closely with engineering leadership to drive projects and data science model releases to timely delivery. This role requires a high level of skill in aligning multiple objectives and teams across multiple locations.
- 5+ years’ experience in management of Complex Technical Programs/Products, management of Large Global IT Projects from Initiation to Closure
- Experience with core IT infrastructure components and service concepts.
- Experience managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile principles and practices
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management
- Passion for operational excellence, attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and SharePoint
- Project or program management certification such as CSM, PMP etc. preferred
- Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed environment preferred
- Action-orientated: we’re building the future of creative independence and changing the way creative work is made.
- Lead planning, execution, and delivery of strategic, cross-functional programs.
- Build holistic plans incorporating dependencies, key deliverables and milestones, and risk mitigation to ensure a strong foundation for programs.
- Drive all aspects of program management (planning, data gathering, analysis, communication, risk management, and mitigation, status tracking and reporting, implementation, monitoring, execution, and to successfully carry out the initiative/program.
- Drive continuous process improvements and best practices to create a robust, predictable, priority-driven culture in an Agile environment
- Identify impediments the team experiences and work with stakeholders to address them
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements and negotiate solutions to issues
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and backlog grooming sessions where necessary
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.