The Client Services, IT Operations team at one of our largest Fortune 100 Energy clients is actively seeking an experienced Technical Writer to support their Digital Employee Experience (DEX) initiative. This initiative is supporting the Knowledge Management Program, that was created to enrich knowledge management capabilities to improve the digital employee experience. As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for transforming technical documents into our client’s management model format, standardizing articles, and writing in a language that is comprehensive to non-technical individuals. The ideal Technical Writer has experience translating technical documentation, fundamental knowledge of the technical concepts being translated and can communicate the technical documents to Subject Matter Experts. The Technical Writer should have exceptional grammar and writing skills with a clear vision of the end result. If you are interested in supporting an enterprise-wide initiative at a Fortune 100 company, we encourage to you apply!
· At least 5 years of experience in Technical Writing or similar field.
· Bachelor’s Degree in English, Literature, or related; OR equivalent experience.
· Experience cleaning, formatting, standardizing, editing, drafting, and writing technical documents.
· Exceptional critical thinking, communication, grammatical and organizational skills.
· Experience transforming documents to make them comprehendible to end-users or customers.
Your Responsibilities Include:
· Reading and translating multiple documents/articles that surround various topics, i.e., ServiceNow Manual, Self-Service Articles, Program Reports, Digital Experience Manuals, Training Materials, etc.
· Transforming the technical documentation formatting of 2,000 (1-3 page) articles to keep them consistent and standardized.
· Of these 2,000 articles, 1,500 are ITIL focused and 500 are visible to everyone in the company. The emphasis will be on the 500 visible to everyone to make those as comprehensive as possible.
· Communicating complex and technical information to various business and IT groups at our client.
· Read, comprehend and transform articles quickly and effectively.
What’s in it for you?
· A welcoming, team environment where you will be provided an opportunity to work with a Fortune 100 company.
· Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.