Brooksource is searching for a Network Engineer for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Plainfield, IN for a 12-month contract with strong potential for extension or hire.
This individual will focus on designing and building a major BGP core network spanning 5 major areas and multiple states.
Daily you will:
- Produce highly detailed diagrams of the network designs for implementation by other network engineers
- Maintain device configuration & testing
- Work with the most current technologies and ensure that the network and systems are fully maintained and operational
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders and vendors
· Design/Engineering of Cisco networks utilizing company standards
· Configuration of Cisco Routers and Switches
· Knowledge of Layer2 and Layer3
· Understanding IP protocols
· Update Drawings utilizing Fusion Application. Knowledge of Visio application
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional/military experience
- Strong knowledge of BGP and EIGRP routing protocols is required
- Understanding of DMVPN
- Experienced with large network projects and Cisco network design
- Cisco Certifications a plus, such as CCNA, CCIE, CCNP etc.
- (Direct report) Reporting directly to the IT Manager
- (Hours) Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00
- (Dress code) Business casual
- (Location) Plainfield, IN
- (Travel) Occasional travel out to tower sites around greater Indianapolis
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, vendors, and all levels of management
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Long-term interest in Networking design and building
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.