Brooksource is seeking a Fiber Engineer w/ project management experience in support of ongoing and emerging work across the Enterprise network. The work involves new system deployments and system upgrades.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop Fiber solutions to address business needs including the planning, designing, implementing, testing and documentation of the communication systems & network components.
- Develop support processes to enable 1st and 2nd level support teams to handle support issues along with providing 3rd level advanced support as needed.
- Provide cost effective designs that incorporate sound engineering practice, utilizing the latest in proven technology with the goal of meeting business needs and providing a reliable and efficient service
- Write specifications for new telecommunications equipment and services; evaluates quotations and proposals to ensure the best equipment for the job is purchased; requisitions equipment and assigns accurate accounting information.
- Develop plans and prepares engineering job packages consisting of detailed parts/equipment lists, logical installation instructions and appropriate documentation (drawings, wiring diagrams, layouts, etc.) to support an efficient installation and maintenance process.
- Prepare and submits cost estimates, economic studies and accounting requests for planned projects.
- Work effectively with other team members to successfully implement transport projects.
- Monitor installation work to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Maintain familiarity with current telecommunications technology and available facilities.
- Resolve complex technical problems and provides technical assistance to installation and maintenance personnel.
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
- 4 years of experience designing fiber optic network infrastructure, including OPGW, ADSS (communications space and power space) and underground fiber installations)
- Experience with fiber installation techniques such as boring, trenching and aerial cable installation
- Experience with DOT, railroad and municipality permitting processes
- Experience with pole loading analysis, sag and tension charts
- Understanding of joint use policies and systems, such as SPANS
- Understanding of communication technology and fundamentals.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support successful performance in a team environment Minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
- Working knowledge of project management principles. Working Knowledge to Proficiency in Project Management, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, and Problem Solving; Project related work experience; Risk Management; Project Leadership; Proven Collaborative Team Member.
- Graduation from a 4 year college or university.
- Utility Technical Certifications/Training; PMI (PMP or CAPM) Certification; CMII certificates; Professional Engineer License.
- Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling/ Cost Controls. Experience in utility industry.
- Knowledge in construction management.
- Experience with Remedy tools and processes.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with the Corporate Documentation System (Fusion).
- Experience with OSP Insight.
- Experience implementing DWDM, TDM and SONET transport systems
- Experience with transport systems including Alcatel-Lucent (DMX family), Cisco (15454 etc.) , and new generation Cienna (3900 and 6500).
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.