(Remote for Now)
We are actively seeking a Telecommunications Engineer to join the Utility Communications (UComm), Digital Grid organization at one of our largest Fortune 100 energy clients in the Baltimore, MD area. As the Telecom Engineer, you will provide technical expertise to support the delivery and maintenance of IT solutions related to Cyber Security, Fiber Optics, Firewall, Real-Time Networks, Smart Grid, Transport (SONET/DWDM) and Wireless (Radio Frequency) communication technologies. This opportunity has an emphasis on technical project management as this team is currently supporting projects that help improve connectivity and availability of real-time network systems.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of being a leader, a team player, and an autonomous, self-sufficient worker. This individual will also be motivated by driving business value and team collaboration. If you think the description below fits your skillset, we encourage you to apply!
· At least 6 years of professional experience in Network/Electrical Engineering with exposure to project management methodologies.
· Technical Degree required (preferably in Engineering, Information Technology, or similar field).
· Experience designing and improving performance of wireless networks, specifically Mesh.
· Troubleshooting experience with wireless radio frequency (RF) equipment.
· Thorough working knowledge of wireless networking, including routing and associated protocols to independently perform Field Area Network support and lead small networking initiatives.
· CompTIA Network + certification and/or CCNA is a plus!
· Excelled written and oral communication and ability to work with multiple different business groups with different key stakeholders.
· Provide technical expertise supporting the wireless Field Area Network technologies deployed for Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Distribution Automation (DA) throughout our client’s utility network systems.
· Act as primary technical interface between business customers and wireless technology vendors to resolve network issues.
· Lead and develop junior staff members, supervise day-to-day work, provide meaningful coaching, and promote core values of a highly diverse and inclusive work environment.
· Assist IT Architecture and Engineering community in planning the introduction of new technologies and/or identifying the most appropriate technology choices to accomplish goals based on the Management Model. Ensure appropriate implementation and optimization of resources aligned with approved standards and architecture to meet the Utility Smart Grid application requirements.
· Maintain strong working relationships with the Utility business and our vendor partners to maintain the Field Area Network infrastructure.
· Identify and provide Business and IT metrics on network health. Actively participate in process improvement activities to increase standardization across utilities and improve operational effectiveness.
· Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function
· Collaborate and communicate with various technical groups (Test Managers, System Administrators, IT Operations) on daily basis.
What’s in it for you?
· A welcoming, team environment where you will be provided an opportunity to work with a Fortune 100 company. Eight Eleven group offers Health, Dental and Vision benefits, weekly pay, holiday paid time off and sick-leave.
· Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.