Telecom Installation Coordinator
Brooksource is seeking a Telecom Installation Coordinator in support of ongoing and emerging work across the Midwest Region. This is the third level of the IT Telecom Analyst classification hierarchy. Employees at this level manage work in Telecom areas of specialization, with minimal supervision. You are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently, with guidance limited to unusual or complex projects or issues. They are fully competent in use of concepts and procedures and expected to identify problems, develop solutions and take actions to resolve.
Responsibilities and Duties:
You will coordinate Telecom Solutions to address business needs including the planning, designing, implementing, testing and documentation of the communication systems & network components. You will work with engineering and support teams to ensure documentation is in place, alarming capabilities are properly enabled, asset system information is updated and change impact is properly documented and approved.
– Work with Engineering Teams on project costs, resource and scheduling efforts.
– Provides technical oversight to a variety of vendors performing telecom work. This work list included installation of structured cabling, fiber splicing, communications tower work and general civil work performed at Telecom locations.
– Provide some on-sight leadership and technical support for the construction teams that install the various Telecommunications equipment.
– Performs related activities as directed. Manages personal self-development and maintains current knowledge of the industry to leverage more effective or emerging technologies
– Develops plans and prepares engineering job packages consisting of detailed parts/equipment lists, logical installation instructions and appropriate documentation (drawings, wiring diagrams, layouts, etc.) to support an efficient installation and maintenance process.
– Prepares and submits cost estimates, economic studies and accounting requests for planned projects.
– Works effectively with other team members to successfully implement transport projects.
– Monitors installation work to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, guidelines, standards and procedures.
– Maintains familiarity with current telecommunications technology and available facilities.
– Resolves complex technical problems and provides technical assistance to installation and maintenance personnel.
– Responsible for Telecom Change Management related to project work.
– Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
– Six years or more experience in Telecommunications crew supervision, project implementation and planning
– Experience / knowledge in providing safety review and oversight for crews / personnel
– Field experience with Telecom construction including but not limited to, DC power systems and ground; rack / cabinet and ladder rack installation; equipment racking / stacking and power up / testing.
– Must pass security background check
– Understanding of communication technology and fundamentals.
– Strong interpersonal skills to support successful performance in a team environment
• Experience with Remedy tools and processes.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience with the Corporate Documentation System (Fusion).
• Experience implementing DWDM, TDM and SONET transport systems
• Experience with transport systems including Alcatel-Lucent (DMX family), Cisco (15454 etc.) , and new generation Ciena (3900 and 6500).
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.