Position Title: Technical Architect
Location: Scott AFB, IL
Certifications: Sec+ ce
Brooksource has an opportunity for a full-time, experienced and motivated Technical Architect in support of a Department of Defense program at Scott AFB, IL. The Technical Architect develops enterprise architectural products in support of the newly acquired Transportation Geospatial Information System (TGIS). The Technical Architect provides architectural expertise to PMs, technical staff, SDDC, USTRANSCOM and other team members to meet customer needs and expectations. Good communication skills, problem-solving skills, and experience with software development are required for this important position.
The Technical Architect aligns application design and infrastructure strategy with the enterprise and mission partners. The Technical Architect guides technological upgrades aligning processing, data storage, data access, and applications development.
- Defines consumption standards for external mission partner.
- Perform feasibility analysis of potential future projects.
- Provide expertise in enterprise architecture, application, data, security, technical or infrastructure architecture areas.
- Acts as technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Responsible for project completion.
- Leads a development team in design of complex software systems.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other technical discipline related to designing information systems.
- With Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other technical discipline related to designing information systems and four (4) years of general experience. With seven (7) years of general experience of which five (5) years must be specialized as described in Minimum/General Experience above, a degree is not required.
- Specialized experience includes supervision of system engineers and application engineers, familiarity with network topologies and configurations. Experience with the logical and physical functional, operational, and technical architecture of large and complex information systems. General experience includes increasing responsibilities in systems engineering.
- Working knowledge of all facets of the information technology including software development, systems design and engineering, operation and maintenance including:
- Enterprise infrastructure buildout and management
- Technical Design and Services involving heterogeneous platforms including Windows, Unix, and Linux flavors
- Familiarity with .NET and JIEE frameworks
- DB and DW experience involving Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, etc.
- SOA and Integration Architecture
- System and data migration including legacy systems
- Software/Portal/Web Services Architecture Planning and Design
- Fluent with industry best practices in enterprise architecture, security architecture, SDLC/SLM, CMMI, and ITIL
- Strong team building and consulting skills
- Must be highly motivated, goal-driven, and results-oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills required both in one-on-one situations with all levels of personnel, and in facilitating group meetings
- SECRET security clearance
- IAT II: Security+
- AWS Systems Operations
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.