Brooksource is searching for a Transport Engineer for our Fortune 150 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 12-month contract with potential to hire or extend. This is the ideal opportunity for a driven, experienced transport engineering professional with 10+ years of industry experience to excel within a small team.
This engineer will supplement an existing agile team providing network design and turnups for Generation, Real Estate, Control Networks, and Renewables. The qualified candidate will provide transport engineering expertise and designs for backhaul making use of private optical, microwave, cellular, and 3rd party circuits. A successful candidate will be able to:
· Review the fiber path availability and optical budgets. (Sources Fusion, OSP, OSP engineers)
· Complete high level ring design based on available fiber paths and where the ring connects to the existing optical network. Determine if this can be an overbuild or needs to be a hot cut
· Verify DC availability for each site(sources Fusion and power engineer)
· Verify rack space availability for each site (source Fusion)
· Review circuits that need to be migrated. Determine which circuits can be converted to Ethernet and plan accordingly
· Verify material required for project has been ordered. If not, order required material. (Sources Maximo, product owner)
· Create new PR ring drawing
· Update all affected drawings
· Write construction package
· Create Ciena 39xx configurations
· Identify Ciena 6500 eMOTR configuration changes necessary to connect to new ring
· Write IT Install Plan if hot cut is required
· Support Field Services remotely as they turn up new ring (Tools: Site Manager and OneControl)
· Build G.8032 ring (Tool: OneControl)
· Upgrade 39xx software as needed (Tool: OneControl)
· Create backup task if required (Tool: OneControl)
· Turn ring over to provisioning
· Individual should have deep knowledge and well-developed technical expertise in Telecommunications and Transport Engineering
· Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 2 to 4 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 5 to 10 years equivalent experience with no degree.
· Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Direct experience working with Ciena 39xx, 6500 and OneControl 6500
- Experience with Remedy tools and processes.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
· Report: Reporting Directly to the IT Manager
· Company Size: Fortune 150 Energy Company
· Hours: Monday- Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, 40-hour weeks. Overtime potential: 5 hours/week
· Location: Uptown Charlotte, NC
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.