Product experience Architect / Lead-by-example Developer
PROJECT: Build Medical / Care Management platform, providing market-leading solution for Utilization Mgmt, Prior Authorization, Case & Disease Management and Concurrent Review.
Designed and developed reusable Web App components using Angular, Typescript, CSS and other software development tools and technologies.
a. Large scale UI architecture experience
b. Angular – 5 years
c. CSS – 7 years
f. Communication skills
*** Open to partially remote workers, but would prefer someone that could be on-site periodically. In-person interviews required.
*** What experience will set candidates apart from one another?
– References from previous managers and project stakeholders
– Live on-screen demonstrations of work product and skills
TEAM MAKEUP: 6-8 engineering scrum teams
a. How many rounds? 2/3
b. On-site interviews required – may Video conf in others
c. How technical will the interviews be? 80%
This role requires a unique blend of real-world experience and theory, entrepreneurial zeal, and elite production and execution.
Working as product experience designer and developer means you’ll tackle a variety of aspects of the design and implementation processes. This may include user research, physical prototyping, and project storytelling to various stakeholders and, most critically, you will guide the development team in component development, reuse, versioning and other practices to support an enterprise delivery platform.
You will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary engineering team to create and deliver market leading offerings for clients across the continuum of care.
• Understand constraints and identify opportunities to modernize our approach to delivery including component reuse and consistent look and feel.
• Lead development teams (by example) – as a seasoned developer, you will guide the teams via your own work, documentation, and tutoring sessions to demonstrate best practices for component interaction and reuse patterns.
• Apply CSS expertise to achieve stakeholder styling requirements
• Develop HTML based layouts using advanced CSS
• Review work performed by others and provide recommendations for improvement
• Create new consumer experiences focused on patients, providers, payers, and others across the health care ecosystem.
• Design new approaches that enhance and extend the consumer experiences while supporting business partners in the creation of new opportunities.
• Gather business, customer and end-user requirements through in person interviews and secondary research.
• Help clients empathize with users by creating deliverables that tell a compelling story.
• Serve as a subject matter expert in the area of product design, user experience, and user interface and interaction design.
• Create functional prototypes and designs of different levels of fidelity to help teams determine the design direction for delivery.
• 7 years hands-on HTML/ CSS experience delivering templates and layouts
• 4 years Angular experience
• 5 years of product design and/or user experience and design
• 5 years of experience in Human Centered Design processes
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, design, or computer science, with a concentration in communication, customer experience, or user experience
• A Master’s degree in human computer interaction, human factors, or similar, is a plus.
• Portfolio demonstrating examples of their design work, is a plus
• Component library creation and reuse strategies
• HTML / advanced CSS3
• Wireframe and prototype creation
• Examples of gaining a full understanding and context for the use cases of a given feature and ensuring a holistic design approach is taken
• Comfort working in a matrixed environment, working as a collaborator and advisor, and the ability to confidently and credibly share your point of view and expertise.
• Ability to synthesize multiple, and sometimes conflicting, inputs (i.e., quantitative and qualitative data) into a common point of view.
• The ability to be coached, be adaptable and be collaborative
• Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
• Persona Development
• Journey Mapping
• A variety of graphic design and interactive tools including:
o Axure RP (preferred), InVision, or a similar prototyping tool
o Adobe Illustrator
• Creating and implementing a design system
• An understanding of accessibility compliance and the associated design activities (Section 508, ADA, WCAG 2.1 AA)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.