One of our emerging Medical Device clients is looking for a UI/UX Engineer to work closely with the software engineering teams to help them design beautiful software.
Their flagship product is the artificial intelligence algorithm where it is the computer, not the physician, diagnosing patients. Built on a series of patented machine learning algorithms, their FDA cleared software platform detects early signs of diabetic retinopathy, a debilitating eye disease that impacts the 30+ million people with diabetes in the US. They are working to expand their artificial intelligence platform to help patients by detecting diseases like skin cancer. This exciting opportunity will offer you the chance to work with world-renowned computer scientists and clinicians who are pushing the limits of artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning in medicine. If you are motivated to improve the lives of millions of people and looking to take on a new challenge, this position was made for you!
- 4+ years UI/UX Design/Engineering experience
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills: you should be comfortable working with both executive and engineers to create and iterate on designs
- Experience making assets for deployment in software and mobile applications
- Portfolio of design projects (Please include link in submission if possible)
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (Balsamiq, Figma, Sketch, Axure)
- Extensive experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to make pixel perfect mockups and design assets for development
- This person will be supporting the UI/UX design for companies 3 software products and working with their software engineering teams
- Conduct user research interviews and preform journey mapping
- Will need to preform User Testing and variety of manual tests to ensure software/applications are user friendly for a wide demographic
- Responsible for software/applications the responsiveness and interactivity & adaption too all devices, platforms and browsers
- Work with the product team to bring creative eye to the look/feel of the interface and work on conceptualizing design ideas to the engineering teams
- Interest in SaMD (software as a medical device – if you know, you know) and working in regulated software environments such as ISO or FDA (don’t let this scare you – we have a lot of automation).
This is a permanently remote position. We have engineers across the United States in many different time zones. We are committed to hiring the best engineers no matter where they reside, so location is not factored into compensation. But if you ever long for the camaraderie of a shared workspace, we have offices in Chicago, Boston and Iowa and would be happy to have you there!
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.