IT Utility Data Engineer
- Utility IT Experience
- Mongo DB
- Big Data (Hadoop preferred)
- ETL Pipelines
- Support or collaborate with application developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists to ensure optimal data delivery architecture throughout ongoing projects/operations.
- Design, build, and manage analytics infrastructure that can be utilized by data analysts, data scientists, and non-technical data consumers, which enables functions of the big data platform for Analytics.
- Develop, construct, test, and maintain architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems that help analyze and process data in the way the Analytics organization requires.
- Develop highly scalable data management interfaces, as well as software components by employing programming languages and tools.
- Work closely with a team of Data Science staff to take existing or new models and convert them into scalable analytical solutions.
- Design, document, build, test and deploy data pipelines that assemble large complex datasets from various sources and integrate them into a unified view.
- Identify, design, and implement operational improvements: automating manual processes, data quality checks, error handling and recovery, re-designing infrastructure as needed.
- Create data models that will allow analytics and business teams to derive insights about customer behaviors
- Build new data pipelines, identify existing data gaps and provide automated solutions to deliver analytical capabilities and enriched data to applications.
- Responsible for obtaining data from the System of Record and establishing batch or real-time data feed to provide analysis in an automated fashion.
- Develop techniques supporting trending and analytic decision making processes
- Apply technologies for responsive front-end experience
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining and production
- Integrate data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures
- Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages)
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- 8-15 years of experience
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.