Data Engineer – Hadoop Required
This role is not able to offer visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future*
Brooksource is looking for a Data Engineer to join one of our largest healthcare clients Experience Research and Accessibility team. On this team, you will discover ways to impact lives positively, validate solutions to improve healthcare inclusively, and monitor how reality interacts with what our client delivers to define the future of healthcare. This is team of researchers, engineers and strategists working together to leverage quantitative and qualitative methods in a strong technology culture, to improve customer experience.
· 3+ years of professional experience as a Data Engineer or similar position utilizing full Data Life Cycle
· Strong understanding of Hadoop ecosystem and fundamentals
· Hands-on experience with data mapping and modeling, batch data transformations, and data prep for analytics using SQL and python.
· Extensive knowledge of ETL principles and processes.
· Excellent oral, written and communication skills – ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audience.
· Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Continued enhancement of skillset through continuing education/seminars and interaction with other resources.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business or related field
NICE TO HAVE:
· Experience with Java/JDBC and ODBC connectivity.
· Experience with end-user data tools like Alteryx and Tableau.
· Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem including Hive, Spark, PySpark, command line utilities and scripting.
· End user power tools like Alteryx, Power BI, and Tableau
· Work closely with senior researchers, data teams in other parts of the organization, business and product teams, and the extended Experience Design (XD) team to understand and wrangle Experience Data (X-Data) – the data sources that capture the end to end user experience.
· Design, develop and implements methods, processes, tools and analyses to sift through large amounts of data stored in a data warehouse or data mart to find relationships and patterns.
· Participate in the delivery of the definitive enterprise information environment that enables strategic decision-making capabilities across enterprise via an analytics and reporting.
· Ensure all data validations, visualizations, and ingestions are completed properly and securely
· Monitor and continually improve the content and quality of all applications
· Help create user profiles, model customer journeys, measure and refine UX metrics, etc. The ability to conceptualize, prepare, and explain data sets that enable analysis, metrics, visualization and presentations is key in this role.
About Eight Eleven:
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.