User Experience Designer
Brooksource is seeking a passionate and experienced UX Designer to join our client’s Retail User Experience team. You will be responsible for creating all UX deliverables for in-store Point of Sale (POS) application. You will have a strong attention to detail throughout the lifecycle of a project, and conduct quality assurance to ensure final product meets UX standards.
Collaboration is at the center of how we develop experiences and you will be able to hold conversations with, and present to business analysts, business stakeholders, project managers, UX peers, and developers. You should also be comfortable working across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to self-define tasks, deadlines, and next steps as needed.
· 3+ years’ experience delivering digital solutions to a variety of industries, retail experience is beneficial
· 2+ years of Information Architecture and UX Design experience within a corporate environment
· 2+ industry experience working with Sketch, Figma, or Axure
· Strong understanding of HTML/CSS (position does not include front-end development)
· Strong ability to collaborate and assert a point of view positively
· Must have portfolio of work, including process flows, wireframes, and specifications for development and pattern/style guides
· Produce a variety of UX deliverables from information architecture flow to visual design for UI.
· Must understand mobile first and be proficient in designing for touch devices.
· Be responsible for creating flows and wireframes to depict interaction solutions that are in-line with business and IT requirements.
· Be responsible for designing solutions and delivering assets that adhere the Retail Visual Design Language, used to guide all design decisions for our Retail applications
· Able to quickly and seamlessly move between designing for different platforms and fully understand the nuances between all.
· Ability to work with business product owners, IT developers, business analysts, and other project resources.
· Ability to translate business requirements and strategy documents into simple, concise and compelling solutions.
· Ability to present UX work and findings to a variety of audience, including business product owners, IT resources, and senior leaders in the Best Buy enterprise.
· Perform UX quality assurance against developed applications and log defects with development teams.
· Collaborate with other UX resources to deliver the optimal UX solution based on requirements.
· Deliver UX assets to third party, off-site development team for implementation.
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For 20 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.