<< Return to Search Results
UX Designer / Researcher
1 Year Contract to Hire
The UX Designer and Researcher will be help create compelling and meaningful experiences for our readers. The responsibilities in this role are varied and complex and require full competence in usability and user interaction design, along with the ability to exercise independent judgment. We are looking for someone who is passionate about user-centered design and research principles & methods and is experienced in leveraging them to solve product questions and help businesses grow.
You will work with cross-functional stakeholders including marketing, customer support, design, product, engineering, and back office teams to drive a culture of customer-centric thinking throughout the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Create concepts and designs that support our customer-first approach
- Participate in the entire iterative design process from discovery to launch
- Build and foster strong relationships across the organization by being the subject matter expert in human-centered design and user experience research
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to understand short-term & long-term product needs
- Participate in usability research and user testing to guide and validate design decisions
- Translate research findings into design artifacts, including personas, journey maps, wireframes and low fidelity comps
- Work closely with other designers to ensure all designs meet usability standards and user experience best practices; provide guidance in user-centered design principles to business and technical teams
- Collaborate with product teams to ensure visual execution meets the strategic objectives and business goals
- Collaborate with UI Development team to ensure quality of execution; provide feedback and guidance to UI Development team to adjust designs as needed
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in user experience design, human factors, user research or other related work experience
- Experience with UX design, wire-framing and prototyping tools – such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Marvel, Invision or similar.
- Experience with usertesting.com or similar remote testing tools
- Tracking records of translating business needs into research or design projects
- Team player with excellent work habits and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate directly to product and technical teams
- Must be highly flexible and creative, and work well on tight deadlines
- Detail oriented, and a high degree of self-organization skills and time management skills
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.