VDI Engineer (Mid-Level)
Hybrid – 25% onsite
One of our clients, a leading hospital system in Birmingham, is looking to bring on a Mid- Level VDI Engineer to support the operations and maintenance of the entire Horizon VDI environment, to include hosting infrastructure, troubleshooting complex issues, and implementing the virtualization environment for all enterprise applications.
We are looking for a self-starter who is highly motivated, organized and able to serve as a leader. Being on-call periodically and assisting with mid to major go-lives and system upgrades after regular business hours will be required. You will have the opportunity to be an impactful leader in highly respected healthcare environment!
- 2+ years of experience with VMWare Horizon v7.0 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- 4+ years of directly relevant and hands-on Windows systems administration experience
- Experience with working closely with VMware products or other VDI technologies
- Understanding of the components: Connection and View Composer Servers, App Volumes and application packaging, DEM/AppSense user customization, etc.
- Experience or familiarity with load balancing technologies to distribute inbound user traffic evenly between two (or more) different VDI sites.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Desktop OS installations, security hardening and maintenance
- Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- Understanding of the user logon process in VDI and Windows with experience in configuration and management of user profiles in shared and non-persistent environments.
- Experience with Active Directory, DFS, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy Management.
- Works with VDI and other IT team members to maintain Horizon VDI v 7+, Connection and View Composer servers, AppSense/DEM, and AppVolumes.
- Plan, install, configure, maintain, and repair virtual desktop infrastructure and related applications.
- Build, update, deploy, and manage VDI desktop images, snapshots, and pools.
- Develop and maintain resource pools, user entitlements, and application policies
- Manage all virtual desktop systems and devices to maintain security and patch compliance
- Work with application owners and vendors to maintain, deploy, and troubleshoot applications deployed to View VDI users
- Track and document system changes, in accordance with business requirements; develops, writes, updates, and maintains system controls and desk procedures
- Responsible for the configuration of assigned application
- Evaluates and recommends enhancements (research, analysis to see if needed, collaborates with core team to test, and implement)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.