Position: Vice President of Technology
Duration: Direct Hire
Job Duties: Brooksource is looking for a Vice President of Technology that will lead our Educations client’s technology department, including all the efforts related to infrastructure, application development, project management and technology support. The Vice President of Technology works with Executive Management to grow the company through the use of technological resources. Using an active and practical approach, the VP of Technology will direct all employees in the IT department to help the company attain strategic goals.
Our client is seeking someone that posses’ an entrepreneurial mindset and can foster others in that mindset to have them take ownership of their work all the way up to Executive level/Stakeholder conversations. This client values curiosity, collaboration, and good old-fashioned grit. They are a virtual company with most of their technical team based in Louisville, KY. You’ll have the freedom to work from home, but you’ll also have teammates nearby when whiteboard and in-person working sessions are needed. The successful candidate must enjoy working on a wide variety of projects simultaneously, balancing competing initiatives, and interacting with the CEO and other executives daily.
Additional job Duties:
- Establish the company’s technical vision and lead all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, sales, and operations in order to drive the business forward.
- Provide leadership to technology department that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Research and monitor industry trends and product offerings.
- Foster and maintain a healthy and innovative culture
- Lead the effort to identify how technology can support and enhance wider business initiatives
- Work with an experienced and savvy team of technologists to choose technologies and deliver solutions
- Help the business and technology teams find and implement methodologies and techniques for working together
- Help the organization and our customers get more value from our data
- Coach, mentor and develop a talented technology team.
- Operate as a key cross-disciplinary team member, working closely with the senior management, technology, and marketing teams to oversee the product evolution and road map.
- Carry on robust interaction with clients and prospects to synthesize feedback that informs product features and requirements.
- Act as liaison to emerging technology vendors and partners serving the higher education industry to determine strategic partnerships and alliances.
- Act as a good steward of client resources and ensure control of IT budget.
- (Required Technical Experience):
- BS in a related field (graduate degree preferred)
- At least 10 years of experience in the Information Technology field
- At least 5 years management and strategic experience
- Ability to actively communicate with business partners
- Ability to build and maintain great organizational culture
- Ability to inspire and motivate employees
- Proven experience with full life cycle implementation process
- Proven experience leading application, infrastructure, and development teams
- Experience with marketing, CRM and LMS software
- Education Technology experience is strongly preferred
- (Education Required) – BS in a related field (graduate degree preferred)
- (Certification Required) – None Required
- (Location) –Remote opportunity – Regional to Louisville, KY
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.