Job Title: Visual Designer
Job Location: Charlotte, NC or REMOTE
Are you a skilled Graphic Designer and/or Visual Designer? Are you passionate about bringing complex information to a wide array of user types in a simplified, easy to understand manner? Do you thrive in an environment that works on multiple high-visibility projects? If so, this may be the position for you!
Brooksource is seeking a Visual Designer for our leading “digital-first” Healthcare client in the NC/SC area. This learning and communications team is responsible for providing strategic support by facilitating overall achievement of goals and deliverables for their Digital Products & Services Group, along with the EVP, Chief Digital and Technology officer. This includes driving constant education, discovery and collaboration in an effort to continue providing world-class technology capabilities within the Digital Product & Services organization so that they can deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time. As a key member of this team you will help design efficient and user-friendly interactive digital products, branding and presentations to support the way people communicate and interact in their everyday and working lives.
The Visual Designer will develop and maintain graphic designs (e.g., art, color themes, photographs, presentation layouts, web pages, etc), audio and video to support the organization's internal image, identity and brands. You will be responsible for designing platform strategy on Sharepoint sites while creating positive experiences that keep employees first.
- Develop high-level and/or detailed user scenarios, wireframes and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas
- Design efficient and user-centered digital experiences
- Establish the look and feel for various interfaces, including websites, mobile devices, internal flyers, etc.
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
- Design logos, icons and infographics
- Closely collaborate with IT and business teams to solve complex issues and create uniform presentations/deliverables
- Deploy a diverse skill set including the abilities to understand complex business goals, product and technical content, interaction design, and brand strategy in order to create engaging, effective and accessible experiences for our wide range of customers
- Understand target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and translate them into creative concepts and functional components– including working hand-in-hand with VP's and C-Level executives.
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Communication Design, Interaction Design or similar
• 5 years of relevant professional experience
• Deep understanding and experience in graphic design disciplines including layout, color and typography.
• Proven ability to translate strategy and business needs into appropriate graphic solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills– can clearly communicate design decisions and conceptual themes with supporting logic based on the strategic goals
• Ability to “sell” a concept & understand business needs
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Cloud): InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experience
• Previous agency experience
• Prior experience with digital design development
• Prior healthcare industry and/or Corporate experience
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.