VP of Cybersecurity
Location: Remote with quarterly travel to HQ
Brooksource is seeking a VP of Commercial Cyber Security to be a technical consulting and solutions provider for our customers. With current activities supporting multiple commercial customers, our client’s mission is to provide exceptional services and products to meet our customers’ needs and expand our commercial client base.
The selected candidate will have exceptional sales and business development skills, a strong leadership mentality and will be a technical subject matter expert across all areas of cybersecurity for our national client base. Current programs include NIST 800-171 and CMMC assessments and mitigation, threat hunting and penetration testing, and other commercial cybersecurity efforts.
To be successful in this role, you must be motivated by challenge, a start-up environment, a hyper-growth mentality and collaboration. You will be hiring and building out a team in your first year, so experience hiring and managing others is necessary.
· Strong sales and business development capabilities
o New opportunity identification and capture
o Expertise to expand cybersecurity services within existing client set
o Effective communication skills to lead commercial cyber proposal efforts and support marketing and website activities
· Strong understanding of NIST 800-171 and CMMC
· In depth understanding of cyber security policy, tools, threat mitigation, network topologies, and secured networks
· Desire to be a business leader and someone that will build up and lead our commercial team and strategy
· Strong project management and interpersonal skills, including the ability to:
o Identify project requirements,
o Oversee and manage what will be a growing team and operation,
o Scope and develop project proposals and costs/schedules, and
o Coordinate technical resources and activities.
· Ability to identify, hire, and develop talent to support the commercial strategy
· Experience leading or conducting cyber assessments and vulnerability analysis
· Experience with Penetration Testing and Threat Hunting
· Experience in designing and reviewing systems architecture designs
· A Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity or equivalent field from an ABET accredited school.
· Candidate may have a current U.S. DoD Security Clearance or possess/meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.