Web Applications Architect
6 Month Contract to Hire (Remote)
Summary of Role
The Web Applications Architect for Sports Technology will be responsible for designing and guiding the implementation of front-end web applications. This role will partner with stakeholders by providing insights into best practices. It is expected that this role will define system guard rails and document the application development workflows. The Web Applications Architect will partner with the team of engineers that build and support the Sports Technology global software initiatives. Part of the responsibilities of this role will be to provide coaching, recruiting, and some public speaking.
Role Responsibilities Breakdown (will vary)
- Collaborates with management, operations, and clients to document functional and business requirements, user stories, and create wireframes, meeting agendas, and meeting minutes for content and data management and distribution systems, applications and solutions. Ensures all documents are maintained and updated throughout the project. (35% of time)
- Leads analysis sessions with technical resources and client and document the requirements for projects. Leads scrum ceremonies and fulfills general duties of scrum master when appropriate. Analyzes requirements to determine business priorities, gaps, and opportunities. Creates functional impact analysis for new enhancements and for changes to existing systems and business processes. Participates in the evaluation and prioritization for process improvements. Assists in defining and documenting processes and functional business requirements. Creates presentations and leads meetings with clients. (30% of time)
- Leads the definition of guard rails for the web application engineers, the web systems, and the web technology stacks (20% of time)
- Leads development of testing based on business scenarios and creates unit tests with a focus on quality assurance (15% of time)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Engineer supporting technical project teams in the definition and delivery of custom-built, business-critical systems.
- Entertainment industry experience is desirable.
- Experience working in small to large teams to achieve project objectives and tasks under challenging deadlines, requiring successful collaboration and problem solving with team members preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to partner with the business to define and document their current and future system needs.
- Expertise in eliciting and documenting business requirements through use cases, user stories, and other means (including workflow diagrams, dataflow diagrams, screen wireframes, etc).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think outside-of-the-box when assessing possible solutions.
- Ability to set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion when working with other team members.
- Experience with iterative and agile software development methodologies.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.