We are looking for an experienced Telecom Engineer to support our Utility based client with Wireless Telecommunication Engineering Efforts within their Mid-west service territory. This individual will have the opportunity to work with critical communications systems across the Real Time Systems Solutions organization and will be instrumental in supporting projects to maintain and update the telecommunications ecosystem.
- Deployment & operation of IT solutions related to the Cyber, Fiber Optics, Firewall, Networks, Transport & Wireless (RF) communication technologies.
- Assist in planning the execution of RF based projects
- Document new & existing IP addressing procedures
- Update technical drawings
- Work with team to understand engineering gaps for projects and execute
- Working with third party vendors to ensure solutions complies with technical standards and architecture
- Identify and provide Business and IT data on IT trends and developments
- Travel to substations within the ComEd territory is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of Network principals, OSI layers 1, 2 and 3
- Prior Experience with Nokia Systems is Required – MPLS
- Knowledge of routing and associated protocols
- Private LTE, Motorola LMR, and ITRON SSN Exposure is a plus
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.