Brooksource is searching for a Workstation Support Specialist for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in New Hill, NC for a 6-12 month contract with potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a candidate with troubleshooting experience and technical understanding to support a hands-on hardware team. The candidate will be required to obtain Nuclear access clearance, including background checks and passing nuclear access testing requirements.
The Workstation Support Specialist role provides desktop hardware, software, printer, and peripheral technical support. The Workstation Support Specialist also supports some mobile devices such as tablets and wireless phones. The Workstation Support Specialist ensures an accurate inventory of company devices is maintained.
Daily You Will:
· Respond to problem resolution requests as specified by priority definitions.
· Utilize troubleshooting skills to facilitate problem resolution.
· Keep assigned Help Desk tickets updated by thoroughly documenting and closing in a timely manner.
· Work with second and third level support, as well as other IT groups, to reach a resolution to problems in a timely manner.
· Foster positive relationships with all partners to ensure seamless IT to customers.
· Use remote resolution effectively to close out problem calls.
· Acquire and deploy assets ensuring maximum efficiency and quality.
· Promote and support IT policies, procedures, and standards.
· Ensure accuracy of Asset inventory.
· Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Electronics
· Experience supporting workstation hardware, software, printers, tablets, and wireless devices. Specific experience required with Windows 10, Dell computer hardware, Office 365
· Experience with Remedy or other ticketing system to manage resolution of problems and requests
· Experience managing Asset inventory
· Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately with all levels in the organization, both written and oral communication.
· Ability to work with others in the role as a team to ensure service levels are met.
· Ability to participate in after-hours duty and Emergency Response rotation.
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
· Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
· Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate data, troubleshoot and draw appropriate conclusions
· Eager and excited learned looking to grow current hardware & support skills
- Report: Reporting Directly to IT Manager
- Team Size: 5 people
- Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
- Hours: M-Th 7AM-5:30PM, 40-hour weeks, 1 week on call every month
- Location: New Hill, NC
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.